Sunday, February 2, 2014

Do one thing everyday thy scares you post 16.

Day 63: 1/27/14
Today, I did something a bit more on the fun side. I think we all know what snapchat is here. My mission of the day was to send as many of the ugliest selfies I possibly could, set on 10 seconds to everyone I am friends with on snapchat. In doing this, I gave them more than enough time to screenshot them and possibly use them as blackmail in the future. As much as I would really love posting some of the Snapchats on here, I think I went through enough torture for today. Let's save that for another time, shall we?
Day 64: 1/28/14
Today, we yet again had another snow day, thus the children who are normally in school all day, can't go to school so they need someone to watch them. I got a call asking to babysit all day and I said yes. Their mom had mentioned something about the kids needing to bake cakes for Boy Scouts and if I had time, I could do that with them. Now let me clarify so that everyone understands, baking and decorating cakes with 3 boys under the age of 12 is not a simple task. Not to brag, but being the awesome babysitter I am, I said yes. Throughout the whole process I was pretty concerned that I would burn their house down or make a giant mess. Luckily, I didn't but it wasn't at all easy. I don't know if this means anything to those of you who have never played mine craft, but I had the task of making a creeper cake for one of the kids, and I think I did a pretty fine job. 

Day 66, 67, 68: 1/29/14 - 1/31/14
Wednesday and Thursday are the big days. For some clarification, to aid us in learning about Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, we are holding a mock trial and prosecuting Mark Twain for being racist. Basically, we are spending 3 days of class holding this court case. Mr. P (hey, I know you're reading this), chose me to be Mark Twain. By the way, thanks for doing that. As part of this project, I needed to memorize mark Twain's entire life in preparation for the questioning I had to go through. Imagine presenting a paper of some sorts in front of a class of your peers. Seems not so fun, right? Well imagine being bombarded by a bunch of questions about someone else's life in front of a class of your peers and being expected to know all the answers. I think we can agree that seems a bit more uncomfortable. I would be lying if I said that I was not freaking out prior to this. In fact, I was a bit worried about it for a couple weeks. A common theme I have learned throughout this project is that the scariest part of anything you to is the anticipation. The anticipation for this project to happen was worse than the actual trial itself. When it comes down to it, the thing you have planned to do for a while only lasts a few minutes and once it is over, no matter how much you worried about it, you always feel that small sense of "that was it?". The easiest and most important step to accomplishing the things you want to do is taking a deep breath and accepting that what you are about to do may not go the way you want, but it will happen and in the end, it won't be as bad as you think it was. All in all, this was a really fun project and I am really glad that I had this chance to push myself and survive in the end. 

1 comment:

  1. Miranda, I can absolutely relate to you! I remember having to memorize several different articles in high school. Although I loved public speaking I always choked when it came to memorizing. I think that it is great that you pursued your uncomfortable task and in the end you actually enjoyed it. I hope that you are realizing you are stronger then you once might have thought through this blog project that you are doing. Your idea is about finding yourself and realizing that although day to day activities can be scary they can also be very rewarding. Hope to talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete