Sunday, March 23, 2014

A change in pace. One Thing Everyday post 21.

Hello everyone! I hope all of you are having a wonderful day!
     Coming closer to the end of this project, I am starting to focus on evaluating the meaning behind my journey more and more. In doing this, I have been putting less effort in my actual activities everyday, which quite frankly is a bit boring to read about and that is not what I want for this project. As I have mentioned before on my blog, even though some of the things I do can be considered as small or uneventful, they still bring me out of my comfort zone. Also, in doing such small things, it makes it easier to overcome larger tasks as they come in my life. Although these things are helping me in my journey, they aren't the most interesting things to follow in a blog. This is where the change in pace comes in. I have spent some time thinking about this and I think this is the best way for me to produce awesome blog posts that I am proud of. Starting next week, I will only be writing about 2-3 events that I did during the week for the project. Although I will still continue to do things everyday that scare me, this will allow me to leave out the less interesting things, and spend more time writing about the prominent ones. This will also allow me to focus more of my time on the analysis of my project and how I have changed as a person from these short months. I am going to set out to have more exciting, quality posts with visuals and all, just as my posts used to be.
     Where you come in:
It may not be very often that I receive comments on this blog, so there is a great chance that this idea will not end up working, but I thought I would give it a shot anyways.
     Though the months I have been doing this, I have been running out of ideas of interesting things to do that scare me for the sake of my blog posts. It would be awesome if anyone reading could leave suggestions on any of my posts of things I could do. I have spent this journey focusing on my own personal fears, but it would be interesting to hear what your fears are. And hey, you can use me as your guinea pig because in all honesty, if I can do it, anyone can.

4 comments:

  1. If you're scared of spiders, you could find a zoo that has tarantulas and have them crawl on your arms. For example, put your arms on a table and have the zookeeper put the spiders onto your arms and you cant move your arms away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds totally scary! I will have to look into that, there is a local pet store nearby that I know sometimes let's you hold their tarantulas so I will be sure to stop by and see if I can arrange something. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. i admire you for saying that and being brave enough to go after your fears! i wish i could be as brave as you and hey! maybe some day i will be, but for now i will help you out. i think that for your next fear you should do something so ordinary and yet so terrifying that it will leave you thinking about all the normal people and how each person has a unique fear, even if they hide it. i think that you should cut off all communication over Spring Break. turn off your phone, don't go anywhere near Facebook or any social network. the fear of being alone - even for a little while- is in everyone. especially Seniors in high school. keep in contact with the people living under your household for a limited time each day. see if you can survive being alone with no one to talk to. that's my biggest fear- being alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really appreciate that you enjoy my project! I thought that I would never be able to do something like this before I started my project. I saw myself as the least brave person I know, and my view has totally changed along the way. Don't let your self doubts keep you from trying things that scare you, you will do better than you think! And thanks so much for the suggestion, I will look into that!

      Delete